STAINLESS STEEL SMART SERIES WHOLE HOUSE WATER FILTRATION WITH SOFTENER COMBO
- 1.5 cu. ft. resin.
- 48,000 grain capacity.
- 750,000 gallon capacity.
- Service Flow: 2 to 20 GPM.
- Automatic or Manual Backwash.
- Stainless Steel.
The “hardness” of water is determined by the combined number of calcium and magnesium grains present. The higher the number of grains per gallon, the “harder” your water is. These minerals are picked up by “soft” rain water as it travels down through the soil to the underground water table. Water that comes into contact with limestone (calcium and magnesium rock) has a much higher content of these hard minerals. Hard water has a negative impact on you, your household, and your pocketbook.
You probably have hard water. If left untreated, here is what can happen:
- The minerals in hard water will cause yellow stains on plumbing fixtures and be deposited as scale, eventually clogging plumbing and shortening the life of appliances like washing machines, water heaters, and dishwashers by up to 30%. Scale deposits not only cut down on the efficiency of these appliances, they cost you money, increasing both energy and maintenance bills.
- Hard water dulls your hair and dries your skin. Shaving is more difficult in hard water.
- Hard water can leave unsightly film buildup on glasses and dishes.
- Hard water leaves a filmy soap ring around bath and kitchen faucets, which makes cleanup more difficult.
There are numerous benefits of Water Softener Systems. They eliminate the effects of hard water. They “soften” the water by removing the calcium and magnesium.
- Water heater efficiency is increased up to 29%.
- Save up to 70% on household detergents and soaps.
- Soap and shampoo will lather better, resulting in softer skin and more manageable hair.
- Save up to 25% on personal care items such as hair products and shaving cream.
- Up to 30% longer life for washing machines, dishwashers, coffeemakers, humidifiers, water heaters, and household plumbing systems.
- Fabrics will be whiter, brighter, and last up to 33% longer.
- Dishes come clean more easily, without spots.
- Bath and kitchen fixtures will have less soap.